If you are one of those people who not only can’t but also refuse to start their day without having a cup of freshly brewed coffee then this piece is just for you. I am also a part of that category of people, calling themselves “coffee addicts”.
Scientists say that drinking a cup of coffee every day is not necessarily a bad habit but on the contrary. It has been proven to be healthy. Your morning coffee provides not only an energy boost, but it’s also shown to protect us against liver diseases, type 2 diabetes, and lowers the risks of heart failure.
Besides the health benefits coffee provides, there are even more interesting facts about it. Let’s check out some of them.
- Coffee is the second largest traded commodity in the world, after crude oil, due to the fact it is consumed in great quantities.
- When you add cream to your coffee it stays warm for a longer period.
- Coffee was banned in Mecca five centuries ago because it was believed to stimulate radical thinking.
- Here is an interesting fact: Europe imports more coffee than the USA.
- There are 2 types of coffee – Arabica and Robusta.
- Coffee was discovered by a shepherd 5 centuries ago in Ethiopia. He saw his goats eating coffee beans. Then he observed an interesting change in their behavior. They became more energetic. He shared his observations with local monks and after that, they made a drink with coffee beans. They realized they had more energy during the day and could stay up all night.
- The biggest 4 coffee roasting companies buy nearly 50% of the coffee worldwide production.
- The word “espresso” means “expressed” in Italian. It is made by forcing hot water under high pressure through finely compacted coffee.
- Coffee beans are the pit of a berry, which makes them a fruit. There are two types of beans – green and red. The red ones smell nicer and are less acidic.
- The longer coffee beans are roasted – the healthier they are.
- The most expensive coffee in the world is made by a cat poop. It comes from Indonesia and it sells for around $400 per kilo.
- The only place in the USA where coffee is grown is Hawaii due to the conditions it offers (high altitude, tropical climate, and rich soil).
Coffee drinkers constantly seek new ways to enjoy their favorite beverage. And of course, because of this, production, trading, and distribution methods have evolved to meet these new trends. I am positive about what the future of the coffee holds. There will be new coffee products that would satisfy our needs for something different and interesting. You can keep an eye on the new trends at Chocolate Fish Coffee Roaster.
Coffee is not only a source of pleasure and happiness. It provides a way for us to have a more active, goal-oriented and fulfilled life. Not to mention the health benefits it offers. So enjoy a cup of strong espresso in the morning and face the day ahead of you motivated and ready to live your life to the fullest.